Last Updated on August 12, 2022 by Thiago Crepaldi
In previous posts we have discussed how to enable SNMPv1 support on your APC UPS for remote monitoring. Here we are going to leverage this configuration to allow your Synology NAS to monitor your UPS and protect it from outages!
The first step is to open Control Panel >> Hardware & Power >> UPS. Note that everything is not configured yet
Now we will to enable it as follows:
- Enabled UPS support: checked
- Network UPS Type: SNMP UPS
- Time before RackStation enters Safe mode: Something like 5 minutes
- SNMP UPS IP address: Type the IP (not hostname) of your APC
- SNMP MIB: Leave as auto
- SNMP version: Leave as v2c (although we enabled SNMPv1 only)
- SNMP community: Type public
- Enable network UPS server: unchecked
Press Apply and you should see a new button at the bottom named Device Information. Click on it to see the UPS state:
That is it. When an outage happens, your UPS will notify your Synology which will shutdown after the configured period is passed!